Monday, October 28, 2013

Owl bag 2

I like this bag loads better than that goofy round one.  I don't know what the heck I"m going to do with that thing (the round one).  Guess I should have left it as a pillow! 

But back to the current bag.  This applique business is a pain in the butt.   I think that's what I'm attempting to do on the wings, eyes and beak anyway.  Maybe I should actually look into the proper way to do it, and then it won't be such a pain in the behind. 

I was inspired by "Rocking the Owls" by Gingercake, but I certainly wasn't going to buy a pattern.  Oh no, I'm way too frugal for that. Especially since she claims the bags are fast......fast must mean easy, right?  Actually, they were fairly easy, minus the pain in the butt applique.  For the most part, I just dressed up a standard tote bag (tutorial here)!


No comments:

Post a Comment