Tuesday, October 29, 2013

More bags


You can't go wrong with Disney.  I just hope I reinforced the handles superbly. I needed some grocery bags big enough for pizza boxes, but you never know when a clerk might load it up with canned goods instead.  Totes like this are super simple to make. Skip To My Lou has the tutorial I essentially used. 

My zippered pouch (tutorial thanks to Noodlehead) was supposed to have bigger box corners and I had issues with the zipper as well.  The box corners are my own fault- I just didn't make them big enough.  Box corners, by the way, are super easy.  I was scared to do them for a long time for absolutely no good reason. As for the zipper.....hmmmmmm.......months ago I went on a quest for a zipper foot.  I didn't think I could put on a zipper without a zipper foot.  Good way to put off trying something new and scary.  I was in Joann Fabrics thinking for sure they'd have a zipper foot.  After all, they are a fabric store, right?  Well, they didn't.  Maybe they were just sold out, I don't remember, but it was the sales associate who told me that you don't really need one.  And you know what? You don't.  I still don't have one.  I'm certainly not a master zipper layer, and someday I hope to still get one, cheap, but until then, I won't use it as an excuse not to put in a zipper.  A regular sewing foot works just fine. 



No comments:

Post a Comment