Friday, November 1, 2013

Owl keychain


The phrase "comedy of errors" makes all the more sense to me.  I swear, it's one thing after another.  I can't even show you my first failed attempt with the new machine.  I was apparently feeling very over-confident and decided to attempt an "easy tank dress."  Not so easy for me.  It was the "gathering" that got me.  Well, that and bad measuring.  I think I've mentioned before that I don't like to measure.  This became painfully obvious when I attempted to put the dress on.  I heard stitches rip and what was supposed to be a relaxed dress turned into a "hug my ass and show all the lumps and bumps" dress.  My stitches could be heard ripping when I struggled to take it off.  Yes.  Very discouraging.  One should really make sure they understand how their new machine functions first. 

Honestly, just reading the instruction manual for this fancy newfangled computerized sewing machine (my old one was a classic mechanical singer) was intimidating.  Then I watched the included DVD and thought, "wow, I can handle this! No problem!"  Haha.  Hence the dress debacle.  So I reverted back to owls.

Oh, the owls.  The instructions don't call for applique.  That was me using the wrong fusible webbing. So I got to try out the applique stitch on my machine. I clearly had no idea what I was doing.  See the eyes?  Yea. A mess.  Thankfully by the time I got to the red belly, I have a better grip on things.  I also got to attempt not one but two buttons!  We'll see how long they last, as I of course had some big issues with those as well.

Someday I hope I can look back on all this and just laugh.  

No comments:

Post a Comment