Friday, November 8, 2013

Toiletry bag

Typical Kathy behavior-- I get over-confident in my abilities and skip ahead to the advanced projects. Not, I repeat NOT, a good idea!!  I was so incredibly frustrated trying to make this toiletry bag that I was just about in tears.  Tears, I tell ya.  I thought the Reader's Digest sewing book was a pretty good book until I got to this project....those happy thoughts of it being a good book rapidly then disappeared.  I just could barely figure out what the heck was going on.  I guess I like picture books, because there just were not enough pictures to help me!  And then!!!  For some odd reason, this bag is only half lined on the inside!!!  The inside is just embarrassing!  No, of course I'm not going to post a photo of that!  I don't know what the book's authors were thinking, not fully lining the inside of the bag.  Unless of course, I somehow messed that up.  I admit, usually that's highly highly likely, but I just don't think that's the case this time. 

Oddly enough, despite my frustration and tears, as soon as this project was done, I wanted to start on the next.  During the process, if you'd seen my frustration, you'd think for sure that I was ready to pack up my sewing machine and return it.  But nope.  I don't feel any more skilled, but I'm also not ready to throw in the towel (or the toiletry bag, as the case may be).

No comments:

Post a Comment